NextEra Energy, Inc. is a leading clean energy company.
- 2016 consolidated revenues of approximately $16.2 billion
- Approximately 45,900 megawatts of generating capacity, which includes megawatts associated with noncontrolling interests related to NextEra Energy Partners, LP (NYSE: NEP), as of year-end 2016
- 14,700 employees in 30 states and Canada as of year-end 2016
We have two principal subsidiaries.
- Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) serves approximately 4.9 million customer accounts in Florida and is one of the largest rate-regulated electric utilities in the United States.
- NextEra Energy Resources, LLC, together with its affiliated entities, is the world’s largest generator of renewable energy from the wind and sun.
NextEra Energy is one of the largest operators of commercial nuclear power units in the United States.
- We have eight nuclear units at five plant sites located in Florida, New Hampshire, Iowa and Wisconsin.
- These facilities have the capacity to generate more than 6,400 megawatts of emissions-free electricity, enough to supply the needs of nearly 5 million households.
Numerous major organizations have recognized NextEra Energy for our outstanding performance.
- In 2017, NextEra Energy was named No. 1 in the electric and gas utilities industry on Fortune’s 2017 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.” This year marked the 10th time in the past 11 years that NextEra Energy was voted the top company in its industry in the Fortune ranking. In that same listing, NextEra Energy also ranked first among all electric and gas utilities for innovation, people management, use of corporate assets, social responsibility, quality of management, financial soundness, long-term investment and quality of products and services.
- For the ninth year, NextEra Energy in 2016 has been named one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute, which evaluated a company’s: ethics and compliance; culture of ethics; leadership, innovation and reputation; corporate citizenship and responsibility; and governance. Only 131 companies across more than 45 industries worldwide were selected for this prestigious honor, and NextEra Energy was the only electric utility company in the U.S. to receive this recognition in 2016 and one of just four worldwide named to the list.
- NextEra Energy in 2015 and 2016 was ranked as the top "green utility" in the United States and No. 4 in the world based on carbon emissions and renewable energy capacity, according to the latest annual report from EI Energy Intelligence, an independent provider of global energy and geopolitical news, analysis, data and research.
revision date: 2/16/2017