- As part of our signature Power to Care volunteer program, NextEra Energy employee volunteers contributed more than 85,000 hours in 2016 to their local communities through company-sponsored projects and personal volunteer time.
- Designed to foster an interest in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education, we sponsor 70 robotics teams or clubs at all grade levels, as well as science shows, solar education stations and other programs that use real-life application to motivate our future workforce.
- NextEra Energy and its employees contributed $15 million in 2016 to support initiatives that contribute to the well-being of our communities.
As a leading clean energy provider, NextEra Energy delivers affordable, reliable and clean energy for our customers, and builds long-term value for our shareholders. Since the founding of our company in 1925, we've been passionate about ensuring that our investments and operations have a positive impact on the communities we serve. For example, we’re:
- Strengthening our communities by volunteering our time;
- Supporting education at all levels to create and sustain a well-equipped workforce;
- Driving economic development by investing billions in our nation’s energy infrastructure, creating jobs and generating enough affordable, reliable and clean energy to power millions of homes and businesses;
- Contributing to public safety by educating the public about our operations;
- Engaging and partnering with our communities on issues of mutual concern; and
- Giving financially to important community causes.
As a clean energy leader, we believe that by investing in and partnering with our communities, we all do well.