- NextEra Energy and its employees contributed $12.7 million in 2015 to support initiatives that contributed to the well-being of our communities.
- Employee volunteers contributed 70,200 hours through company-sponsored and personal community projects.
- We’re growing a popular robotics program and supporting a variety of other education initiatives to prepare students for the jobs of the future, providing them the technical skills that are highly valued in our business.
As a leading clean energy provider, NextEra Energy delivers affordable, reliable and clean power for our customers, and builds long-term value for our shareholders. Since the founding of our company in 1925, we’ve been passionate about ensuring that our investments and operations have a positive impact on the communities we serve. For example, we’re:
- Driving economic development in Florida by keeping our customers’ electric bills affordable and providing outstanding reliability and customer service;
- Strengthening our communities by giving of our time and resources;
- Supporting education at all levels to create and sustain a well-equipped workforce;
- Contributing to public safety by educating the public about our operations; and
- Engaging and partnering with our communities to establish and maintain an environment of mutual trust, which can lead to positive outcomes on issues of mutual concern.
As a clean energy leader, we believe that by investing in and partnering with our communities, we all do well.