- Our 2016 safety performance was 63 percent better than 10 years ago.
- Through our NextEra University and other venues, our employees spent approximately 1 million hours in 2016 growing their skill sets, completing 850,000 individual training sessions.
- The NextEra Health & Well-Being program provides information, motivation and on-site facilities to help employees take care of themselves and their families.
- We encourage and value a diverse and inclusive work environment, stressing these values in our recruiting, development, internal knowledge sharing, and community involvement.
At NextEra Energy, we believe that our employees are a key competitive advantage and the driver of how we deliver value to our customers, cleaner air and water for our environment, improvements for our communities, and superior returns for our shareholders.
We take pride in providing our employees with a challenging workplace and rewarding them for working together, improving every day and delivering great results. We believe the best method for doing so is to foster a culture that:
- Values safety and believes that all injuries are preventable;
- Builds an inclusive business workplace by valuing and leveraging the diverse talents, perspectives and ideas of all employees;
- Promotes continual learning, professional development and improvement; and
- Recognizes that health and well-being are critical for success in life, as well as in business.
Taken together and put into practice, this is what has enabled us to earn our position as one of the world’s clean energy leaders.