JUNO BEACH, Fla. – NextEra Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NEE) has been named a 2015 World’s Most Ethical Company® by the Ethisphere Institute, an independent center of research promoting best practices in corporate ethics and governance. It is the eighth time NextEra Energy has received this recognition. This year, only 132 companies across more than 50 industries worldwide were selected for this prestigious honor. NextEra Energy was one of only five energy and electric utility companies named to the list.
“For our nearly 14,000 employees, our core values are core business,” said Jim Robo, chairman and chief executive officer of NextEra Energy. “As the world’s largest generator of renewable energy from the wind and sun, we believe that high ethical standards, a culture of innovation and how we support the communities we serve is a competitive advantage that differentiates NextEra Energy from many others. We are again very honored to be named to this list of prestigious, global leaders.”
The World's Most Ethical Company® assessment is based upon the Ethisphere Institute’s Ethics Quotient™ framework. The Ethics Quotient framework has been developed over years of effort to provide a means to assess an organization’s performance in an objective, consistent and standardized way.
In considering companies for this list, the Ethisphere Institute evaluated NextEra Energy’s strategies and results in five key categories:
- Ethics and compliance;
- Culture of ethics;
- Leadership, innovation and reputation;
- Corporate citizenship and responsibility; and
“Earning this recognition involves the collective action of an entire workforce,” said Ethisphere’s Chief Executive Officer Timothy Erblich. “NextEra Energy’s best-in-class program and well-communicated corporate values set the foundation for their culture and lends itself to leading with integrity. We congratulate everyone at NextEra for this extraordinary achievement.”
The Ethisphere Institute’s recognition is the latest in a series of achievements for NextEra Energy, including:
- Fortune’s “World’s Most Admired Companies”: Last month, NextEra Energy was ranked among the top 10 companies in the world in innovativeness and top 10 in community responsibility in Fortune’s 2015 “World’s Most Admired Companies” evaluation. In that same ranking, NextEra Energy was also recognized in the electric and gas utility sector as: No. 1 in social responsibility, No. 1 in innovation and No. 1 in quality of products and services.
- Delivery of outstanding value to utility customers: The company’s rate-regulated electric utility, Florida Power & Light Company, continues to deliver on its outstanding customer value proposition which includes 99.98 percent reliability, award-winning customer service, one of the nation’s cleanest emissions profiles and a typical residential customer bill that for the past 5 years was the lowest in Florida and is approximately 25 percent lower than the national average.
- Becoming the world’s largest generator of renewable energy from the wind and sun: The company’s competitive generation subsidiary, NextEra Energy Resources, LLC, together with its affiliated entities, is the world’s largest generator of renewable energy from the wind and sun.
The full list of the 2015 World's Most Ethical Companies® can be found at http://ethisphere.com/worlds-most-ethical/wme-honorees/.
NextEra Energy, Inc.
NextEra Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NEE) is a leading clean energy company with consolidated revenues of approximately $17.0 billion, approximately 44,900 megawatts of generating capacity, which includes megawatts associated with noncontrolling interests related to NextEra Energy Partners, LP (NYSE: NEP), and approximately 13,800 employees in 27 states and Canada as of year-end 2014. Headquartered in Juno Beach, Fla., NextEra Energy's principal subsidiaries are Florida Power & Light Company, which serves approximately 4.7 million customer accounts in Florida and is one of the largest rate-regulated electric utilities in the United States, and NextEra Energy Resources, LLC, which, together with its affiliated entities, is the world’s largest generator of renewable energy from the wind and sun. Through its subsidiaries, NextEra Energy generates clean, emissions-free electricity from eight commercial nuclear power units in Florida, New Hampshire, Iowa and Wisconsin. NextEra Energy has been recognized often by third parties for its efforts in sustainability, corporate responsibility, ethics and compliance, and diversity, and has been ranked in the top 10 worldwide for innovativeness and community responsibility as part of Fortune’s 2015 list of “World's Most Admired Companies.” For more information about NextEra Energy companies, visit these websites: www.NextEraEnergy.com, www.FPL.com, www.NextEraEnergyResources.com.