Power To CARE
Through our Power to Care volunteer program, NextEra Energy employees and their families volunteer thousands of hours each year and make a difference in our communities. In 2019, employee volunteers contributed 89,000 hours through dozens of company-sponsored events, projects and personal volunteer time.
During Power to Care Week in 2019, some of the impacts made include:
- More than 7,000 pounds of peppers were gleaned with CROS Ministries to be distributed by the Palm Beach County Food Bank. Sorted through more than 13,000 lbs. of food, which is equivalent to 1,133 meals, in Houston.
- Completed facility improvements at Marjorie S. Fisher Boys & Girls Clubs, West Palm Beach, Miami Union Academy and Richmond Perrine Optimist Club in Miami, including murals, landscaping and painting parking stops.
- Facility improvements were made, including painting and landscaping at Palatka Environmental Education Center.
- One hundred "We Care" packages were assembled and sent to U.S. soldiers deployed overseas by Forgotten Soldiers Outreach.
- Packed more than 500 snack packs for food insecure students in Palm Beach County through Food4OurKids Program. An additional 5,400 meals packed for the backpack program with the Houston Food Bank.
- Planted 200 Cypress trees at Jonathan Dickinson State Park.