We're building the next generation
of NextEra Energy Leaders!
The Finance & Accounting Rotational Development Program (RDP) builds capable, committed early-career leaders in the Finance and Accounting disciplines with a broad knowledge of NextEra Energy. Through rotation assignments, skill development and hands-on projects, program team members will enhance their professional capabilities and career options.
- Program team members generally are high-performing, recent college graduates in Finance or Accounting who demonstrate leadership potential and drive, and exemplify our Company values
- Program is three years with three rotations; each rotation is twelve months in duration
- Rotation cycles are mid-August to mid-August
- Rotation assignments follow two separate development tracks: finance and accounting. Each track is tailored to balance participants background, education, interests, and skills with impactful work opportunities
- Forecasting & Reporting
- Finance Operations
- Enterprise/Strategic Finance
- Systems & Projects
- Corporate Accounting
- Accounting Operations
- Technical Accounting
- External Reporting
Successfully completing the Finance & Accounting RDP typically leads to placement in a challenging position in your field. The leadership and team skills you gain along the way position you to compete with the best and brightest to lead NextEra Energy into the future. Learn more.
Over the course of this exciting rotational development program, team members will engage in meaningful career-building pursuits:
- Three rotational assignments in diverse work groups to build experience and visibility
- Networking and exposure to a variety of leaders and work groups
- Initiating a mentoring relationship, potentially including graduates of one of NextEra Energy’s prestigious leadership programs
- Training and development opportunities
- Tours of NextEra Energy facilities potentially including solar, gas-fired, nuclear generating facilities; diagnostic and control centers
- Collaborating with a group of peers who are talented, creative, and upwardly mobile
- Exposure to many different business units across the company to build organizational awareness and develop short-term and long-term career goals
- New or recent college graduate with Bachelor's degree (MBA preferred) in finance or accounting
- GPA of 3.20 or higher
- Preferred: completion of a NextEra Energy internship
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Team oriented with proven ability to build effective working relationships
- Provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Visit Jobs.NextEraEnergy.com, create a profile, search for rotation opportunities and apply!